1. With 8 more home runs Pat Hernandez will match his career high. 74 runs and 76 runs show he is producing. Add in the defensive impact he has had and he is leading candidate for MVP
2. Kenneth Pierre has been player of the week 2 times this season, but he has also been very streaky. Solid player overall.
3. Joe Fitzgerald is having a career year at 33. With 70 runs at the break and A .382 BA he is making a huge impact in Memphis.
Worth Watching: Josias Cortez's number look good on the surface but doubles are up and homers are down. Look for a home run surge in the second half.
AL Cy Young
1. Leon Stovall has the wins, he has the whip, he has the strikeouts. He is a horse.
2. Luis Lee is having a great season and a big reason for Cleveland's success. Their offense is the biggest reason but combine Lee's pitching with that offense and you get some success.
3. Cameron Carter's win total is unimpressive the rest of his stats look good. Put him on a winner and he would be stronger candidate.
Worth Watching: Gail Latham's stats are impressive, he lacks the IP at this point. By season's end I expect he will be closer to the top of this list
AL Rookie of the Year
1. Carl Russell is a fringe MVP candidate. Nice start to a career.
2. Rule 5 draftee Roger Justice has been reliable, getting on base at a .370 clip.
3. Al Garces is turning in a solid season on the mound. His advanced stats show he has been the victim of some bad luck. Watch for his numbers to improve.
Worth Watching: Ruben Ordonez has a whip of 1.28 and an ERA of 5.02. I expect one of the two to change..
AL Manager of the Year
1. Mmustain has guided Ottawa to a 55-38 after trading away multiple key major league players in the offseason. At the moment they sit one game out of first in a tough AL North.
2. toddcommish has San Francisco in second place but sits 12 out. They have a chance at the wild card after several sub .500 seasons.
3. An early season managerial change has paid dividends in Montreal. Hypnotoad has them on a good path after several seasons of under performing.
World Series odds
New York- 9:1